RetireforLessinCostaRica.com endorses the following sites as we have personally used their services and feel confident about recommending them to others.
- Visual Link Spanish – Free Spanish Lessons!! I (Gloria) started learning Spanish with Visual Link Spanish and was surprised at how quickly I was able to speak in full sentences! You can read Paul’s review here.
- Cabina Rentals in San Ramon – This is where Paul and I lived for our first four years in Costa Rica. If you will be visiting the Central Valley and are looking for a great place to stay with more features than a standard hotel room, this is the place! Each picturesque cabin is approximately 550 sq ft (51 sq m), ideal for a small family. Each cabin features one of the following 2 bedroom arrangements: both with queen beds, or one with queen bed and one with queen/single bunk set. Other features include a large living room, eat-in kitchen, hot water, satellite television, all utilities (including electricity), and wireless internet access. Someone on the property around the clock, weekly housekeeping service and a full-time gardener are also provided. Laundry facilities are available at no cost, and both bus (about $.26 one way) and taxi service (about $4.25 one way) into town are readily available. Contact the bilingual property manager, Cesar, to receive more information.
- Residency in Costa Rica – Not only are we living in Costa Rica full time (read all about it in Our Big Move) but our applications for legal residency as Pensionados have been approved! We received an email with this big news on August 20, 2009, just five months after our applications were filed, while many people we know waited two years for approval. We attribute this quick turn-around to the great service we received from Residency in Costa Rica. Contact Javiar at Residency in Costa Rica to learn more about their services.
- Community Action Alliance Costa Rica – We are proud to serve on the Steering Committee for this organization. The Community Action Alliance is a community based, action oriented organization focused on resolving issues and improving the lives of all residents of Costa Rica. Our focus is in several primary areas: Citizen Security, Economic Development, Environmental, and Education. We accomplish this through identifying clear and credible resources and bringing people together to develop solutions. Be a part of the solution!
- Citizen Awareness & Protection (CAP)
- U.S. Embassy, Costa Rica
- Salvando Corazones Costa Rica
Be sure to also check out the following websites which
follow our basic philosophy of retiring for less.
- Simply Living in Costa Rica – We are often asked our impressions of the town San Isidro de El General in the southern zone but, I’m sorry to say, we have not yet visited this area of Costa Rica. While it is on our list of places to go, watercolor artist Jan Hart has chosen this area to settle in. She writes about it in her blog, and she and her husband, Frank, share their corner of this beautiful country with tour guests during their “Simply Living in Costa Rica” tour. You can find more information on her website.
- ContainerHomes.net – Affordable and eco-friendly homes made from shipping containers
- Container Home Plans – for plans and info about how to get started with your shipping container home
- Paul & Marilyn’s Retirement Adventure – Paul and Marilyn Stevens’ blog about retiring in Costa Rica.
- MEET YOUR DOG! Helene Wirt’s dog rescue, adoption and boarding program and facility. Her Spanish language website is QUERIDOS PERROS. Sponsors and volunteers are always welcomed!
- Living Life in Costa Rica
- Diana’s Costa Rica Blog
- Jan Hart.com
- ¿Qué Pasa Grecia? A web resource serving the English-speaking community in and around Grecia, Costa Rica
- Costa Rica Living Forum at WeLoveCostaRica.com. You must be a VIP Member to participate but membership is free.
- The ARCR Forums at the Association of Residents of Costa Rica. You must be a registered member to participate in most of their forums, but forum membership is free.
- Yahoo CostaRicaLiving Forum
Costa Rica Online English-Language Newspapers
Some Helpful Site for Retirees
- Retirement Business Ideas from Commercial Capital Training
- Coldwell Banker’s Comprehensive Guide to Buying a Property in Costa Rica