What is the Retire for Less Philosophy?
Conserve, simplify, enjoy. These three words sum up the Retire for Less Philosophy or lifestyle. We believe one can:
- Enjoy the simple things in life
- Discard some old beliefs regarding retirement
- Count your cash, get your Social Security, and go where it’s cheaper
- Reinvent yourself and begin a whole new, adventurous phase of your life
- Look at your life differently, embrace the new culture, and try not to be ethnocentric
- Scale down, live within your means, and learn to have fun, fun, fun!
- Conserve energy, go green, and live without air-conditioners, heaters, dehumidifiers, and cars, as much as possible
- Live without debt, reduce expenses, and reduce expectations
- Save money, spend less, use less, and be satisfied with less – less is more
Making these choices doesn’t have to be a bad thing, nor a sacrifice. It’s a good, positive thing. We believe that less can be more and we try to live it. We realize that our way is not the way for everyone. There are as many lifestyles in the world as there are people in it. But if our philosophy resonates with you, then we invite you along for the journey.