We’ve been banking and investing at Coopenae for several years now and have been extremely pleased with their customer service and investment CD rates. Here are some good reasons to consider investing with them:
- Rated by “Fitch Ratings” (international bank rating): Short term rating at: ‘F1+ (cri)’ the best possible rating. Long-term rating at: ‘AA (cri)’ expectation of very low risk; the risk differs very little from the Financial Institutions with the highest rating possible.
- It´s the largest Cooperative (similar to a credit union in the U.S.) in Costa Rica, the largest in Central America, with more than 92.000 members, the 4th largest in Latin America, the 4th most profitable private financial institution in Costa Rica, the 3rd largest private financial institution in C.R. (Equity) and has over 48 years in the domestic market.
- The “overall rating” by the State Supervisor SUGEF is 1.10, while the best rating possible for any public or private financial institution in Costa Rica is 1.00.
- Credit Default Rate of 0.68% and Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) of 20.5% (June 2014) which means your money is there when you need it.
- Recently we became the 1st Cooperative in Central America to receive a loan from the World Bank.
- Audited by recognized international companies: Peat Marwick, Deloitte, Price Water House C.
- Several expats all over the Country are already members of the San Ramón Branch. We provide personalized service and offer the best market interest rates for certificates of deposit. Today, 11.50% net interest rate for a 5 years colones CD.
Your first point of contact:
C. R. Expats Investment Executive
Cell Phone (+506) 8811-1602
Corporate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: The articles on this website are intended to provide general information only and have been prepared by RetireforLessinCostaRica.com without taking into account any particular person’s objectives, financial situation, needs or preferences. Our readers should, before acting on this information, consider the appropriateness of this information regarding their personal objectives, financial situation or needs. We recommend investors obtain financial, investment, or legal advice specific to their situation before making any financial investment or relocation decision.